See and do as little as much as you want
The sampling of attractions below offers a little bit of everything.
- One of the finest beach in the United States, Caladesi Island State Park is accessible via ferry service to the island from the Honeymoon Island State Recreation Area marina.
- Honeymoon Island State Recreation Area provides visitors excellent opportunities to hike and observe nature.
- Adventure Island is Tampa Bay’s only outdoor water theme park.
- Take a thrilling ride on the world’s largest speedboat.
- One of the largest accredited sanctuaries, Big Cat Rescue features over 200 exotic and endangered animals – lions, leopards, bobcats and more.
- Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay is an extraordinary place filled with naturalistic animal habitats and shows, hair-raising roller coasters and other rides, and dazzling live entertainment.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium brings visitors closer to nature where they can view, touch and experience the biology and behavior of bottlenose dolphins, loggerhead sea turtles, river otters, sting rays, local fish, coral reefs, mangroves and more. Winter and Hope, stars of Dolphin Tale I and Dolphin Tale II live at the facility.
- Dunedin Fine Art Center displays the works of many local and Florida artists in its galleries.
- Telling the story of water, land and marine animals, the Florida Aquarium is home to more than 20,000 animals including sharks, alligators, seahorses and more.
- Moccasin Lake Nature Park wth a boardwalk and nature center, highlights plants and animal species native to the area.
- The largest science center in the southeast, MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) strives to make science real for people of all ages.
- Become a marine biologist on one of several marine life adventure cruises.
- Sunsets at Pier 60 – A nightly “street” festival on Clearwater’s famous fishing pier celebrating the setting of the sun and featuring artists, craftsman and performers with musical entertainment.
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge is Florida’s first suspension bridge is 4.1 miles in length and soars 183 feet above Tampa Bay.
- A wide variety of sightseeing boats offers unique ways to experience the area.
- Cruise the gulf on a pirate ship and be reminded of the swashbuckling days of pirates.
- Observe the magnificence of dolphins frolicking in a number of dolphin watching cruises.
- Dinner-dance cruises departing from Clearwater Beach Marina promise evenings to remember.